Throwing any kind of event is expensive, and we all know that. However, there are a lot of ways to save money on catering your upcoming event. We came up with the best tips we could find on how to save money on getting your event catered.
1. Keep it short. Start by paying attention you’re the timeline of your event. By shortening the duration of your event you can significantly reduce costs on food. Hosting a cocktail party is much cheaper than hosting a cocktail party, followed by a seated dinner and dessert. As an added bonus, your guests will love getting to mingle throughout the duration of the event.
2. Eliminate labor. Servers are not necessary at a smaller event such as a business meeting or small dinners. By eliminating servers, you are able to save on labor costs of them bringing food, setting up, breaking down, etc. This can be one of the biggest expenses when catering an event.
3. Limited bar offerings. Having a limited bar doesn’t have to be boring. By serving wine, beer, and one specialty drink you can save a lot of money. Instead of standard beer, serve a local microbrew, wine with a lesser-known variety and maybe one complimentary cocktail served with small plates.
4. Control portions. A sit-down meal can get expensive because servers must plate it and serve it. A buffet often times can require more up-keep to make sure the quantities are being maintained, and requires linens, serving pieces and large quantities of food. By passing appetizers, you are able to control how much is being taken, while also keeping it presentable.
5. Venue Selection. Choosing where to host your event can be a make-or-break when it comes to saving money. By using a venue with a pre-existing kitchen you are able to save majorly on your bill. The less equipment in the kitchen, the more it will cost to supply items. Also, try to choose a venue with flexible pickup times so you are not charged extra for early morning or late night pick up.
For more advice, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We are looking forward to making your next event spectacular!
Spark Events | Info@SparkEvents.com | 417.501.9661. | http://www.sparkevents.com/